Apogee announced today that its FireWire option card for the Mini-Me and Mini-DAC is now shipping worldwide through authorized dealers and distributors.
The new FireWire option card allows professionals to connect their Mini-Me and/or Mini-DAC to their DAW at sampling rates up to 96kHz or 192kHz, respectively. The FireWire option card also allows for the aggregation of multiple units for those who want to expand beyond two channels.
With the FireWire option card, professional users will get more out of their Mini-Me and Mini-DAC, continuing the Minis’ tradition as a truly high-performance, portable recording solution, whether at home, at the studio, or on the road.
“After much anticipation, we are very pleased to announce the availability of this very powerful new capability for the Mini-DAC and Mini-Me,” says Betty Bennett, CEO of Apogee Electronics. “With the ability to use multiple Mini-Mes and achieve higher sampling rates, I believe users will be very satisfied with the FireWire option.”
Mini-Me At A Glance:
* Two channels of Apogee 24-bit, 96 kHz A/D conversion, top-quality mic/instrument preamps and line-level inputs
* Headphone outputs
* AES/EBU, S/PDIF digital outputs
* Low-current, low-voltage, Ideal for location/ENG
Mini-DAC At A Glance:
* Two channels of Apogee 24-bit 192kHz D/A conversion
* High current headphone output
* Inputs include AES, Optical & S/PDIF Coax
* Analog Output level control for direct connection of powered monitors