The Mackie Onyx Satellite represents a breakthrough for computerbased audio and music production. As the world’s first two-piece FireWire recording system, Satellite consists of a portable recording Pod with premium Onyx mic preamps, and a desktop Base Station with additional inputs and outputs.
You simply undock the Pod when you want to record on location—leaving the Base Station connected to all your desktop studio gear (microphones, instruments, headphones, studio monitors, etc.). Then, once you’ve returned to your studio, simply dock the Satellite Pod back into the Base Station with a reassuring “click.”
The FireWire bus-powered recording pod features two premium Onyx preamps and top-notch 24-bit/96kHz capable A/D and D/A converters. The Pod easily secures into place on the Base Station for A/C power and additional I/O, turning the system into a two-input, six-output FireWire audio interface with an advanced input-patching matrix, talkback, monitoring, and surround speaker control.
Mackie Onyx Satellite Features:
* Innovative two-piece FireWire recording system for professional recording to Mac or PC
* Dual Onyx mic preamps for superior sound quality
* 8 inputs (2 active at any time) for connection of microphones, line sources, and instruments
* 6 line-level outputs
* 24-bit/96kHz capable sound quality
* Built-in control room functions include talkback with onboard mic, and A/B monitor switching
* 6-channel volume control allows for surround sound mixing
* FireWire protocol for low latency real time recording
* Satellite pod can be bus-powered for field use, or externally powered
* Works with all ASIO- and Core Audio-compatible software, Mac and PC
* Bundled with Tracktion 2 software for complete recording solution
* Mackie all-metal construction holds up in the field