E-MU Systems has announced its new Tracker Pre USB 2.0 Audio Interface/Mobile Preamp, the ultimate portable USB audio interface for Mac and PC, offering pristine 24-bit/192kHz recording and playback, direct monitoring, and a host of professional features in a compact, USB bus-powered package.
The Tracker Pre USB provides users with two XTC™ Class-A, ultra-low noise Mic/Line/Hi-Z preamplifiers that can be run independently or in stereo to record guitars, basses, keyboards or microphones with optimal audio performance. CurrentMorph™ is a patent-pending circuit design that allows Tracker Pre to offer +48V phantom power and use our XTC premium high-power converters, while using only USB bus power.
The E-MU Tracker Pre USB 2.0 Audio Interface features:
* Pristine 24-bit/192kHz A/D and D/A converters (A/D and D/A: 112dB measured SNR performance)
* Preamplified analog signals are available before the A/D converters, allowing the Tracker Pre to be used as a standalone high-quality stereo microphone preamp (using optional power supply)
* Hardware zero-latency direct monitoring (mono or stereo) with continuously variable level control
* Plug-and-play operation with hands-on control of all major functions
* Independent ground lift switches for optimal audio fidelity/flexibility
* USB bus powered (can also be powered using optional 5V power supply)
* Cross-platform support (Mac OS X and Windows XP32/XP64/Vista32/Vista64) and compatibility with most popular audio/sequencer applications (ASIO2, WDM, MME, Apple Core Audio and Core MIDI supported)
* Includes newly updated Production Tools software bundle with E-MU’s Proteus VX Software Sound Module, as well as software by Cakewalk, Steinberg, Ableton, IK Multimedia, BIAS, and many more – everything needed to create, record, edit, and master your music is in the box
* Two XTC™ Class-A, ultra-low noise, Mic/Line/Hi-Z preamps. Balanced XLR, 1/4″ TRS and 1/8″ Inputs (-127dB EIN) with 60dB of gain
* 1/8″ Stereo Condenser Microphone Input with 5V Power
* Two 1/4″ Balanced/Unbalanced Outputs (112dB SNR)
* Two 1/4″ Unbalanced Send/Return Inserts prior to A/D converters
* Stereo headphone output (112dB SNR)
E-MU’s recently updated Production Tools Software Bundle is also included and gives musicians a host of powerful Mac and PC audio and MIDI applications – everything needed to create, record, edit, and master CDs. The Tracker Pre USB sets a new standard in portable USB audio, price and performance. It will ship January 2007 at an estimated street price of £119.99/ €149.99 (including VAT).