Universal Audio, a manufacturer of high-quality vintage audio hardware and DSP software plug-ins for digital audio workstations, today announced the LA-610 Signature Edition, which is a limited run version of the best-selling LA-610 Channel Strip.
Only 500 will be released worldwide of the Signature Edition which features US-made New Old-Stock (NOS) Tubes, CineMag(r) Transformers and a unique “blackface” cosmetic look complete with its own certificate of authenticity from Bill Putnam Jr. The LA-610 Signature Edition will have an MSRP of US$2399 and an estimated street price of US$1999 and is expected to be quickly snapped-up by audiophile enthusiasts when it ships in March 08.
“The LA-610 Signature Edition is a custom, limited-edition version of the best-selling tube channel strip on the market today-the LA-610.” said Mike Barnes, VP of Marketing for Universal Audio. “For those looking for something unique, some exclusivity without an insane price tag, the LA-610 Signature Edition will be made in a run of only 500 units worldwide featuring All-American NOS tubes and CineMag(r) transformers. Each will be lovingly hand-assembled, tested and certified at UA HQ in Scotts Valley, California.”
LA-610 Signature Edition Features:
* Hand-picked audiophile components and custom cosmetics- only available in this Limited Edition run of 500 units worldwide.
* American-made NOS (New Old Stock) Vintage Tube Array & Cinemag(r) Transformers
* Mic Pre/DI with Gain and Level Controls, EQ, and Authentic Teletronix LA-2A-Style T4 Opto Compressor
* UA Build Quality and Heritage, each unit signed by Bill Putnam Jr.
* Certificate of Authenticity, Hand-Assembled, Tested and Quality-Assured in the USA