Universal Audio, a manufacturer of high-quality vintage audio hardware and DSP software plug-ins for digital audio workstations, today announced the 1176AE Anniversary Edition, celebrating a decade since UA refounding by Bill Putnam Junior to revive the classic UA products made famous by his father, Bill Putnam in the 1960s.
The 1176AE combines the best of the A “Bluestripe” and E revisions while adding the lower 2 to 1 compression ratio found on the 176. A new “Slo” attack mode gives the 1176AE the potential for both classic and uniquely individual compression effects. The 1176AE is lovingly hand-built at UA HQ in California, USA, will have an MSRP of US$2999, an estimated street price of US$2499, and will ship as a 500 limited-edition product beginning in June 2008.
“The 1176AE pays tribute to the legend that is the 1176, my father’s amazing ear and audio design legacy, and all the pro engineers and UA users that have believed in UA products in the past decade inspiring us to re-create the magic that is Universal Audio.” said Bill Putnam, CEO, Founder, and Owner of Universal Audio. “The 1176AE is a truly special edition with unique sonic heritage from the predecessor of the 1176, the 176, the first “Bluestripe” or A revision, and the last great Class A rev. E “Blackface” version. ”
1176 AE Features:
* Unique rev.A/E “hot-rod-mod” features, cosmetics and sonic signature
* Program dependency of legendary “Bluestripe” Rev.A 1176
* Vintage UA 176 compression ratio array – 2:1, 4:1, 8:1 with 20:1 for limiting
* Expanded range of “multi-button” compression and classic “all-button” mode
* “Slo” 15ms Attack setting adds increased versatility for new uses
* Hand-built in the USA, Limited-Edition of only 500 units worldwide