Audi Damage just released a Pro version of their free Rough Rider compressor plugin. In short, Rough Rider Pro is for those times when you want to know your signal is compressed. Other compressors are kittens, rainbows, and gumdrops. This one is a 40-foot-tall fire-breathing lizard, according to Audio Damage.
* Isolator section for simple control of input frequencies.
* Multi-band mode, for a single Rough Rider compressor on each band.
* Series mode, for three Rough Riders in a row.
* Attack time goes as low as 0.1ms, for use as a distortion unit.
* Ratio of 1:1 to 1000:1 for complete control of signal dynamics.
* MIDI learn for hardware control of all parameters (VST only).
Rough Rider Pro costs $49 and is available for Windows (VST) and Mac OS X (VST and AudioUnits).