This week Spectrasonics is very excited to be at Winter NAMM introducing three major Spectrasonics Announcements for 2009.
Spectrasonics announced a new release of their award-winning Omnisphere synthesizer that adds over 2000 brand new patches from top international sound designers, improved library organization and an expanded reference guide with instant search capability. The new Omnisphere 1.0.3 update is free to all registered users and will be available as a download from the Spectrasonics website on January 26th.
Omnisphere – Sound Library Update features:
* Adds over 2000 new patches across every type of category (Total Omnisphere factory patch library now over 4000 Patches)
* Improved patch organization system and tagging
* Lots of new aggressive and punchy synth sounds
* Added “Dance” genre to the entire factory library
* Hundreds of evocative new ‘Psychoacoustic’ and “Hybrid Organic” patches
* Traditional and Vocal/Choral patches greatly expanded
* Created by the renown international sound designers: Diego Stocco, Scott Frankfurt, Ignacio Longo, John Lehmkuhl, Tobias Marberger, Stéphane Bonvallet, Hans Jörg Scheffler, Tolga Gurpinar and Eric Persing
* Includes Expanded 70,000 word Omnisphere Reference Guide with instant search capability
* Pricing: FREE for all Omnisphere customers!
Spectrasonics announced and previewed their brand new virtual instrument Trilian, the long-awaited successor to their award-winning Trilogy bass module. The new instrument has a much larger core library and features highly-detailed new acoustic, electric and synth basses – as well as enhanced versions of the classic Trilogy sounds. Sporting a brand new user interface with numerous software innovations, Trilian is the first 64-bit native software based on Spectrasonics STEAM Engine and is the first virtual instrument to feature full library integration with the company’s flagship Omnisphere synthesizer.
Trilian Features (preliminary info):
* Trilian® is the long-awaited successor to the award-winning Trilogy software plug-in
* Much larger core library includes multiple NEW Acoustic, Electric & Synth Basses
* Includes enhanced versions of all the original Trilogy patches
* Based on powerful STEAM Engine technology – like Omnisphere
* Arpeggiator with Groove Lock™ for instant bass line syncing to any RMX groove or MIDI Files.
* Omnisphere library integration: use any of the Trilian sounds inside Omnisphere!
* Integrated FX racks, including all effects from Omnisphere
* 8-part multitimbrality allows access to multiple articulations in a single plug-in
* High Definition streaming sample playback with Multi-channel audio architecture allows easy Mic, DI and Release soundsource mixing within a single layer
* Extensive ‘Round-Robin’ sampling for natural sounding bass lines with repeated notes
* Expressive Multisampled dynamic slides – realistically slide from one note down to another
* Live Mode allows 8 dynamic bass articulations loaded at once with instant, seamless key-switching
* Stack Mode allows user configurable key/velocity/controller articulation mapping
* New Custom Controls main page for rapid editing, access to the most useful controls and user interface customization for each patch
* State of the art new Browser with Searching, Attributes/Tags, Images
* Edit Page offers very powerful sound manipulation features including Timbre Shifting, FM, Flex Mod, Modultable FX, Dual-voice Harmonia™ and more
* Mac Universal Binary VST/AU/RTAS support – Windows VST, RTAS
* 64-Bit native support
* Pricing: MSRP $299/229Euro
* $99 upgrade for Trilogy owners (Special FREE upgrade for Trilogy owners with Intel-Macs*)
* Shipping: May 18, 2009
Trilian is set to be released May 18, 2009, the MSRP is $299US/€229Euro.
Spectrasonics demonstrated Stylus RMX® version 1.7 featuring an innovative and completely new capability called ‘Time Designer™’ which intelligently transforms RMX audio loops into different time signatures and features the ability to “Groove Lock” the feel of any groove to another – all in real time. Time Designer also lets the user create instant pattern variations with smart algorithms based on musical rules, and to ‘simplify’ any RMX groove in a musical manner. Version 1.7 is also the first 64-bit native software release from Spectrasonics and includes useful workflow enhancements to RMX, such as Suite Editing and Host Transport Sync.
– Stylus RMX v1.7 Features:
* Worlds-first software to rearrange audio loops into different time signatures in real-time!
* Create instant Pattern Variations for any groove, with smart algorithms based on musical rules
* Groove Lock™ any RMX groove to another RMX groove’s feel
* Groove Lock™ to external MIDI files
* Simplify control alters the pattern complexity of any RMX loop
* Strengthen or Loosen the feel of any groove.
* Browse core library in real-time with any time signature, feel or variation you need
* Time Shift can rush, drag or offset the groove in milliseconds or rhythmic values
* Grid Quantize and Swing controls
* Factory Groove Lock templates library includes legendary Akai MPC, Latin, New Orleans feels
* Make your own library of Groove Lock templates from any MIDI File or RMX Groove
* Time Designer works with Third Party and User REX/RMX libraries too!
* Greatly expands any RMX user’s existing library, with unlimited useful variations
* New Time Designer video tutorials show production techniques with the new features
* 64-Bit native support on Windows (Mac 64-bit support to follow)
* Suite Editing for easy customization and ‘Favorites’ management
* Sequencer Host Transport Lock: RMX follows sequencer transport controls
* Song Position sync – RMX patterns follow song position of host
* Pricing: FREE for all registered Stylus RMX users!
* Available for download March 2nd, 2009