The Fireface UC (USB Compact) uses the USB 2.0 high-speed bus and has been uncompromisingly optimized for highest performance under Windows and Mac OS. Based on a newly developed RME Hammerfall core the Fireface UC provides revolutionary ultra-low latencies even with multiple channels, removing current restrictions of typical USB audio interfaces by specially developed transfer methods.
Under both Operating Systems the available latencies* are simply sensational. The smallest buffer offered under Windows Vista has 48 samples, under Mac OS X 14 samples. With this RME provides a performance comparable to PCI Express interfaces — under USB 2.0.
The optimization for Windows and Mac OS X is partly based on a double firmware within the unit, realizing an optimized functionality and operation according to the currently active OS. Under Mac OS X the unit’s MIDI ports are even class compliant, the Operating System therefore automatically uses its included MIDI driver.
The new 36-channel RME Fireface — UC is like the Fireface 400 — the only device in its class with active jitter suppression, enhanced stand-alone functionality and complete controllability from the front panel, highly flexible I/Os in professional quality, and an unsurpassed 648-channel matrix router — at sample rates of up to 192 kHz.
- 18 inputs / 18 outputs
- 8 x analog I/O
- 1 x ADAT I/O or 1 x SPDIF I/O (optical)
- 1 x SPDIF I/O (coaxial)
- 2 x MIDI I/O
- Sample rates up to 192 kHz on all I/Os
- Two digitally controlled Mic Preamps in high-end quality
- Two balanced universal inputs for line and instrument signals
- SteadyClock??? for maximum jitter suppression and clock refresh
- Enhanced stand-alone operation with rotary encoder and front panel operation
- 54 Level Meter Peak/RMS, hardware-calculated
- TotalMix: 648-channel mixer with 42-bit internal resolution
The Fireface UC will be available in June 2009.