Lexicon introduced the PCM92 Stereo Reverb/Effects Processor. For over 35 years Lexicon has been considered the golden standard of digital reverb and effects processing. The PCM92 utilizes the latest DSP technology and the finest collection of classic Lexicon algorithms to offer the ultimate processor for live and studio applications. Delivering 28 mono and stereo reverbs, delays, and modulation effects, flexible routing configurations, and a comprehensive library of over 700 factory presets, the PCM92 represents the most advanced audio processor in its class.
The PCM92 delivers new capabilities to traditional reverbs by adding multimode filters in the audio flow. This allows more exact shaping of the reverb while still maintaining that distinctive smooth, rich “Lexicon Sound.” Also, all reverbs have an “Infinite” switch that allows the reverb to run forever, which is useful for creating unusual backgrounds and sound effects.
The Lexicon Room algorithm provides a more flexible alternative to convolution type reverbs. Reflection patterns can be easily selected, scaled and equalized all while simultaneously passing audio, and the room size can be instantly changed or reversed. The Room algorithm provides the inherent realism of the actual space with all the precise control and manipulation that is only possible with a reverb synthesizer.
The PCM92 features the highly acclaimed Hall, Concert Hall and Random Hall reverb algorithms that have regularly been used by live sound and recording engineers because of their exceptional ability to reproduce the musical ambience of large, wide, panoramically wonderful spaces.
Designed as a single rack space processor with two channels of balanced XLR or ¼” analog I/O and two channels of XLR AES/EBU digital I/O, along with MIDI, Wordclock, and Ethernet, the PCM92 complements any mixing console or integrates easily with your DAW and features 24-bit A/D-D/A conversion and 44.1 to 96 kHz sample rates.
The easy to use front panel keeps the most important parameters within reach on the high-resolution display for easy editing. To supplement front panel navigation for live applications, the PCM92 can be configured and fully controlled remotely through Harman HiQnet System Architect™. The foot switch and foot controller inputs offer additional flexibility for the live performer.
The PCM92 has a suggested retail price of US $2699 and will be available in November 2009. Following in the tradition of decades of legendary Lexicon audio processors, the PCM92 offers the highest level of sonic quality that is easily deployed in Front-of-House as well as the recording studio. The Lexicon PCM92 Stereo Reverb/Effects feature set includes:
- Lexicon® studio-standard reverbs, delays, and modulation effects
- Comprehensive library of over 700 finely crafted factory presets, including recognizable classics from Lexicon’s immense library of sounds
- Lexicon’s flexible Room algorithm used to generate a vast array of room-related effects for music and post
- Multi-voice pitch shift to enhance vocals
- Mono and stereo versions of all algorithms
- Full system configuration and control with HiQnet System Architect™
- 44.1 to 96 kHz sample rate, 32-bit floating point processing
- Two channels balanced analog I/O (XLR and ¼”)
- Two channels XLR digital AES/EBU I/O
- External BNC Wordclock
- MIDI in, out, and thru
- Ethernet connectivity
- Foot controller inputs make it easy to change presets and adjust parameters during live performances
- High-resolution OLED display is easy to read in all light conditions
For more information, visit their web site at http://www.lexiconpro.com/.