Avid today announced availability of Torq 2.0 DJ software delivering innovative, professional features and flexible, open workflows so artists can create distinctive and compelling audio, in the studio or on stage.
Rebuilt from the ground up by Avid’s acclaimed software development teams, Torq 2.0 is a high-performance solution featuring advanced professional features and new flexible workflow options for creative DJ performance and real-time remixing and production.
New features in Torq 2.0 include:
- Four virtual decks with EQ, level control, headphone cueing and crossfade—enable customers to play four tracks at once to create unique, complex and dynamic mixes.
- Traq Morph™ technology—patent pending innovation blends music tracks in exciting new ways by intelligently applying audio effects during crossfade.
- Open, flexible workflows—provide DJs with the flexibility to use the software with M-Audio Xponent® and Conectiv® DJ and third-party hardware, or stand-alone without any hardware at all.
- Updated user interface and database—gives users the ability to sort through tens of thousands of tracks, including Apple iTunes Store libraries, to quickly create distinctive mixes.
- 13 built-in effects and VST effect support—enable customers to reinvent sound by stacking up to four simultaneous built-in effects and one VST effect per deck, allowing for up to 20 effects at once.
- Advanced recording options—empower DJs with the ability to capture their entire performance with an integrated performance recorder for distribution or editing. As a result of ReWire, they can also create, mix and record with Pro Tools or third-party DAWs, bringing their DJ performance to the studio environment.
Pricing and availability
Torq 2.0 is available for a free trial download today at www.avid.com/torq2trial. Torq 2.0 is available worldwide via digital download from the shop.avid.com store and as a boxed version from local retailers for 249.99 USD/159.95 GBP/189 EUR ex vat/tax.
For more information on features and availability, visit: www.avid.com.