After winning plaudits at the Frankfurt Musikmesse for presenting the new HALion 4 VST sampler and sound creation system, Steinberg is now shipping the latest version of its acclaimed virtual instrument.
Combining sampling and synthesis technologies with mixing options, its unique morphing filter and FlexPhraser arpeggiator, the enhanced MegaTrig tool, more than 40 studio-grade effects and a vast library that spans over 1,600 sounds make HALion an eminently powerful virtual instrument. HALion’s most prominent advantage is possibly the implementation of VST 3.5, with its innovative Note Expression for editing expression data polyphonically.
In terms of flexibility, HALion 4 provides a customizable interface for moving, resizing and grouping windows as well as saving and restoring complete window layouts. With its unlimited number of freely assignable buses per layer, 32 stereo output channels and 6-channel surround support, its signal routing options are second to none. HALion 4 is compatible with major sample formats and integrates perfectly into any VST software, providing seamless importing and mapping of sounds. Its integrative approach also offers assigning of Quick Controls and control of HALion parameters through Steinberg’s Advanced Integration technology. Comprising both 32-bit and native 64-bit versions for Windows 7 and Mac OS X 10.6, HALion 4 runs as standalone version or as plug-in within a VST or AU host.
“With HALion’s fourth iteration, Steinberg is introducing a completely new generation of sampler,” said Matthias Quellmann, product marketing manager at Steinberg. “With its diverse tools, creating truly unique sounds is as easy as it gets.”
HALion 4 is available through the Steinberg Online Shop and authorized Steinberg resellers for EUR 349/GBP 295.* HALion 3 and HALion Sonic users will be able to move to HALion 4 for only EUR 99.99/GBP 84.70.
- Top-notch Virtual Analog Synthesizer alongside comprehensive sampler functionality
- Flexible user interface and multi-monitor support
- Supports the new VST 3.5 standard with VST Expression 2.0, Note Expression and Quick Control integration
- Compatible with libraries of all major formats (Kontakt, EXS, Giga, HALion 3)
- Create own playing styles, articulations and conditional triggering easier and faster without page-filling scripting with MegaTrig
- Includes complete HALion Sonic library plus additional exclusive HALion 4 content
- MediaBay Integration: immediately access the sounds you are looking for
- Full compatibility with HALion 3: HALion 4 is able to read HALion 3 sounds with all parameters (FXP, HSB)
- FlexPhraser module for dynamically driving beats and arpeggios plus complex tonal phrases with automatic articulation switching
- Flexible signal routing with free assignable buses per layer
- Virtual audio mixing console with 8 inserts per channel, 4 Aux send and 6 channel surround panning
- Seamless integration into Cubase and WaveLab
- Advanced Integration support of Steinberg hardware