At next week’s AES 2012 show Fairlight will introduce and debut their new Fairlight QUANTUM, an Audio Post Console. QUANTUM is a complete Audio Post Production System combining the power of Fairlight’s hardware and software, recording, editing, mixing, plug-ins, MIDI and video with a fully integrated, 12 or 24 fader console perfectly suitable for film, video and music studio and post production facilities.
QUANTUM offers PURE CONTROL through the fast and ergonomic operation of its tactile control surface with faders, switches, knobs and jogger wheel, augmented with touch screen and mouse based functions. QUANTUM’s motorised faders combine with a dual row of rotary encoders to provide touch-triggered automation of all mixing parameters. Within easy reach, the system touch screens complement the physical controls with multiple switching options and project navigation.
QUANTUM includes an embedded Edit controller utilizing Fairlight’s unique Picture Keys. These instantly adapt their appearance and function for easy navigation with fewer keystrokes. The control surface literally reinvents itself for each task you undertake, presenting the commands you need at the right time. Fairlight’s new iCan technology with drag-and-drop Layout Editor allows Audio Engineers to design their own button layouts for specialised functions. Also available are flexible mounting systems to attach speakers and screens from the rear of the console.
QUANTUM delivers PURE EFFICENCY with cutting-edge affordability for a mid-size console. Editing, SD/HD integrated video, mixing, plug-ins, file transfer, recording are integrated all in one system. As part of the Fairlight range it is fully file format compatible with all Fairlight products, and provides seamless workflows for virtually all SD and HD file formats. The powerful CC-1 Media engine supports up to 192 disk recorder tracks, 230 mixing channels and 2 HD video tracks for 3D work. Included is support for up to 256 inputs and outputs, built-in EQ and dynamics for every channel, access to VST plug-ins and instruments, and mixing to multiple bus destinations up to 7.1 wide. The Quantum Audio Post Production System interfaces to popular server architectures and its compatibility with professional video file formats make it the natural choice for post-production in a busy multi-purpose facility.
Stop by Booth 543 at AES in San Francisco, October 27-29, 2012 to experience the new Fairlight QUANTUM.
Fully featured, mid-size Audio Post Console
- Fully featured console with up to 24 faders, 2 or 3 TFT screens, control-room and studio monitoring, talkback, joystick and space for a mouse.
- Fast and unlimited functional scope within an intuitive and ergonomic workspace
- Very compact footprint with optional 2-bay or 3-bay console frame.
- Perfectly suited for Audio Engineers working in most demanding Broadcast or Audio Post with limited studio space requirements.
- Powerful CC-1 Media engine configurable for up to 192 disk recorder tracks, 230 mixing channels and 2 HD video tracks for 3D work
- Supports up to 256 inputs and outputs, built-in EQ and dynamics for every channel
- Full integration of VST plug-ins and instruments
- Mixing to multiple bus destinations up to 7.1 wide
- Full file format compatibility for virtually all SD and HD file formats
- Handling of a wide range of media and EDL file formats to support complex workflows
- Console is fully featured with 2 or 3 TFT screens, control-room and studio monitoring, talkback, joystick, space for a mouse and either 12 or 24 faders
- Control surface includes context aware, self labelling Picture Keys with QWERTY functionality, presenting the commands you need at the right time
- iCan Drag-and-drop Layout Editor lets you design your own button functions
- I/O options facilitate seamless integration into your facility’s infrastructure
PURE Space Saving
- QUANTUM is a compact, mid-size console with a 1.2m (12 fader option) or 1.7m (24 fader option) frame.