Dualo, a start-up company etablished in 2011 by two musicians and engineers, has designed a musical instrument based on a innovative and intuitive keyboard: the du-touch ß.
This original key layout, which is closer to harmony, is an alternative to the layout encountered in a piano, and is called the dualo keyboard.The manner in which the keys have been laid out has been validated by several musicians, and is designed to provide an opportunity to learn, to read and to play music faster than traditional instruments.
In December 2012, after two years of extensive research and development, Dualo has released a limited edition of his first instrument, dualo du-touch ß, already sold-out. Several famous artists decided to support our project, including Cyril Atef (-M-, Bumcello, …), Fixi (Java) and Khalid K.
In view of the enthusiastic reception for our instrument, Dualo is now launching a crowd-funding campaign on KissKissBankBank.com to finance the professional edition, which will be delivered from Decembre 2013.
The first instrument, “dualo du-touch ß” is designed for amateurs and professionals.
- innovative : it’s the first instrument in the world which use a layout of keys based on the dualo principle
- compact, portable and featuring a wide tessitura : light, designed to come with you everywhere, 5 octaves for 29cm high
- standalone : battery-powered, built-in synthesizer, built-in multi- effect processor, built-in multitrack looper ; audio line out and amplified audio headphones out
- versatile : thanks to the built-in features which allows to play with a wide palette of sounds and to organize them in songs
- original and allowing a wide stage presence : fitted with gesture and movement sensors offering a new generation of musical gesture, a new feel and a new phrasing
- intuitive and instructive : thanks to the dualo principle and to the built-in help system : screen, light display