Fairlight have added a new I/O interface to their productline. With the launch of SX-36, they introduce a new I/O, synchronization and control interface. The SX-36 is designed as a high-end solution for audio post production systems powered by Fairlight’s Crystal Core Media Engine. It offers an extensive variety of analog and digital I/O, pure sound, pristine remote controlled mic preamps, precise lock to timecode and ultra low latency, making it the perfect setting for the most demanding media productions.
SX-36 is a 1U rack mountable interface, and comes with a host of features:
– 2 Remote-controlled Microphone / Instrument preamps
– 8 balanced analog inputs
– 12 balanced analog outputs
– 9 stereo digital inputs and 11 stereo digital outputs (fully transformer-coupled AES)
– 1 stereo digital input with sample-rate conversion and 1 stereo digital output (S/PDIF format)
– Dual independent 9-pin control ports
– MIDI In and MIDI Out
– Sync at any frame rate including HD Tri-level sync, Video sync, Wordclock, AES
– Read and generate MTC and LTC
– 1 GPI and 1 GPO signal
– Metering with 12 assignable 4-LED bar-graphs
Fairlight SX-36 will be on display at the Fairlight booth at IBC 2013 (Hall 7 – Booth number 7.H17).