Blue Cat Audio has released several updates for Blue Cat’s MB-7 Mixer 2, their multiband processing plug-in with VST hosting capabilities.
The updates mainly improve compatibility with additional VST plug-ins (including VST Shells), adds support for virtual instruments hosting, tempo synchronization and more (full list below). A free add-on skin is now available for download to streamline the usage of the plug-in in single band (broadband) mode.
The plug-in can be purchased alone or as part of three bundles: Blue Cat’s Energy Pack, Blue Cat’s MB Dynamix Pack or Blue Cat’s All Plug-ins Pack, the complete Blue Cat Audio collection bundle. The special introduction offer (20% off) is still available until september 30th.
Demo versions are available for download on www.bluecataudio.com, in VST, RTAS, AAX, Audio Unit and DirectX formats, for both Mac and PC (32 and 64-bit).
New Features from 2.0 to 2.03
– The plug-in can now host VST instruments.
– Added support for plug-ins bundled into a VST Shell.
– hosted VST plug-ins can now sync with the host’s tempo.
– AudioSuite support (offline processing) for the AAX version.
Plug-ins Compatibility Improvements
– Some VST plug-ins that required tempo sync used to crash on load or produce no sound.
– Fixed compatibility issues with FabFilter plug-ins.
– Some VST plug-ins used to crash when reloading a Pro Tools session in Pro Tools 11.