Image Line have introduced the beta version of their Minihost Modular, which is a modular environment for hosting/interconnecting VST/AU plugins based on a custom modular engine especially developed for this purpose. As a standalone, Minihost Modular can be used as an advanced VST/AU host with modular routing with some sequencing recording/playback capabilities.
As a VST/AU plugin, Minihost Modular can be used to simply extend your existing DAW software with a powerful modular environment. Minihost Modular bares some similarities to FL Studio’s Patcher but has an extended capability as a self contained host.
- Works as standalone and VST/AU host on Windows and OSX, either 32Bit or 64Bit.
- Multi-input/multi-out (MIDI & audio) support (standalone version, VST has 3 stereo outputs).
- Powerful Piano roll Module based on FL Studio’s, to create, record and trigger musical sequences via MIDI.
- Natively optimised modular routing.
- Unlimited undo/redo system, including plugin states undo/redo.
- Multiprocessor support (standalone version only).
- Automatically creates plugin thumbnail pictures after first opening.