WaveDNA is proud to launch Liquid Music for Live, a powerful plugin for Ableton Live 9 using Max for Live that instantly crafts original song ideas with advanced music tools. No more waiting around for inspiration to strike. Simply create inspiring beats, chord progressions and melodies using a unique visual workflow. It’s the quickest way to inspire new ideas and conquer writer’s block. No more piano-roll tedium, no more MIDI noodling—just exhilarating, effortless creation on your terms.
Create songs in Ableton Live
- Paint melodies, harmonies and chords using the revolutionary Sketch tool
- Make unique beats instantly using a collection of rhythmic building blocks
- Tweak and evolve song ideas in real-time using five layers of control
- Fully integrates with Ableton Live Suite or Ableton Live with Max for Live
- Choose a synth track, and Liquid Music automatically displays the harmony toolset. Select a Drum Rack track, and Liquid Music supplies a wealth of beat sequencing tools
- Inspiring presets help create original ideas and rich harmonies in seconds, and you can swap their five “layers” for nearly limitless possibilities
Five layers of musical control
Sometimes to build it up, you have to break it down. Liquid Music separates music into five layers, each with unique tools you can tweak and customize to morph and evolve your music until it’s just right, Sketch, Key, Chords, Voice and Rhythm.
• Sketch is where all the layers come together into one intuitive musical shape. Simply click and drag to create original harmonies, spark new song ideas and draw the shape of your music. Want your music to build? Draw a cresting peak. How about a big EDM drop? Plunge your mouse down and draw a valley. And if you don’t like what you hear, just erase and start crafting your next idea in seconds.
• Key determines your track’s “mood.” Will it be an upbeat frolic through flower pastures with a major scale? A forlorn dirge in a minor key? Or maybe a trippy experimental journey of exotic tones with Ultralocrian or Phrygian b5 modes? Liquid Music has them all—and more. You can even transpose (move the notes up and down) to better suit your vocalist—no music theory degree required.
• Chords are an important part of every song. But with hundreds to choose from, how do you pick the right ones? Liquid Music’s Chord Suggester journeys deep into the land of known progressions to recommend complimentary chord changes that help you build progressions. Feed those to the Chord Sequencer to create clever chord progressions without hours of frustrating trial and error. The Chord Sequencer is like a drum sequencer for chords. Just choose or randomize a chord, and a list of complimentary chords helps you arrange your song quickly and easily.
• The Voice layer helps add just the right amount of harmony to melodies and chords. You can import a melody and use the Voice Layer to add harmony, create cascading arpeggios and even customize how thick the harmonies are for specific parts.
• Rhythm includes a host of tools based on WaveDNA’s acclaimed Liquid Rhythm software. You can experiment with new beats and customize their note duration, velocity, timing and more. Rhythm mode lets you create unique, elaborate beats in seconds using an extensive list note patterns and clusters—entire bars at a time.
Introductory Price $129 US, MSRP $199 US
Upgrade to Liquid Music from Liquid Rhythm for $59 US, MSRP $99 US
Ableton Live 9 and Max for Live 6.1.7 or 7.0.4. The Max for Live bridge constantly updates your MIDI data between the two programs in real time while you build and manage tracks.