Gemini, a leading manufacturer of DJ and Pro Audio equipment, announced today the MAS-1 Professional Performance Controller, their first MIDI controller targeted towards clip-based performance software like Ableton Live.
Traditional control solutions for software like Live have been primarily clip based button arrays, and we feel there’s an opportunity to not only showcase another aspect of this awesome software, but to also appeal directly to DJs that may want to experiment with programs like Live while maintaining a more DJ-centric workflow. The MAS-1 allows users new to Live to maintain the feel of traditional DJing.
The MAS-1 combines the traditional feel of a 4 channel DJ mixer with control elements for devices and effects contained in Live. It also offers an expanded BPM section to allow for smoother mixing into external sources. The onboard 4 channel audio interface is loud and warm, and the hardware interface itself is designed to work well in dark environments, with high contrast highlights and backlit buttons. Finally, the MAS-1 has a built-in stand, allowing it to be tilted towards the user in multiple positions to create the perfect viewing angle.
Clip and Scene control is accomplished via a small array of RGB buttons and knobs, or an external controller can be easily added. Mixing is accomplished via 100mm faders for the smoothest possible response. Each mixer channel has 3 sends for hands-on effects flexibility.
Product Features include:
- Unique performance stand angles the MAS-1 towards the user for better visibility
- Built-in low latency high-performance 4 channel audio interface with balanced outputs
- 4 channel mixer section, with full EQ and 100mm channel faders
- 45mm crossfader for fast, DJ-style transitions
- Full clip control, with scene and clip launching and RGB illumination
- Color-coded knobs for easy identification of each function
- Adjustable device control section allows for control of individual components
- BPM control through bend buttons, tap BPM, or direct input via knob.
- Encoders with LED rings for adaptive software feedback
- Full looping control including in, out, and active buttons and loop length knob
Expected Retail Price – $299 USD, Available Q2 2017