Syntheway have announced the release of Organux 1.0, a VST instrument that is designed to create a wide range of classic and modern organ sounds.
Some of the predefined sounds that Syntheway tell us the Organux can provide are ‘Baroque Pipe Organ’, ‘Cathedral Organ’, ‘Percussive Organ’, ‘Gothic Organ’, ‘Fast B3 Organ’, ‘Slow B3 Organ’, ‘Chorus Organ’, ‘Pipe Organ’, ‘Church Organ’, ‘Rock Organ’, ‘Farfisa Organ’, ‘Blues Organ’, ‘Ethereal Organ’ , ‘Detuned Organ’, and ‘Electronic Organ’.
* Hybrid method that combines sampling and synthesis techniques.
* Selector with 20 predefined types of organ sounds
* LFO (Low Frequency Oscillator) with modulation depth, frequency, offset, waveforms (sine-triangle-square) add expressive effects such as “Tremolo” by using the simple GUI commands, or also can be controlled by the position of a ball by clicking-and-dragging in an X-Y axis. The panning slider controls the output effect distribution between left and right speaker.
* Multiple-Mode Filter that includes LP (Low pass), BP (Band pass), HP (High pass), notch, peak, low pass and high pass shelving filter with adjustable cutoff and bandwidth. The values are automatically computed when you select any of the filter types.
* 16 presets for effects ready to play.
* Portamento/Glide control: A gliding effect that allows a sound to change pitch at a gradual rate, rather than abruptly, when a new key is pressed or MIDI note sent.
* Reverb effect built-in: Customizable with user controls for: size room, width room, damping factor & mixer.
* Delay effect built-in: Creates a delay (echo) effect on audio signals controlled by amount of feedback and modulation of delay time.
* On-screen MIDI keyboard that can be played with the mouse, or keyboard (Q is Middle-C, Z two Octaves lower) The ‘T’ on the left of the keyboard sets Toggle Mode where each key stays held until you click it a second time.
* MIDI Channel selector : 1 to 16 channels.
* FULL MIDI Automation: Complete MIDI Continuous Controller. You can use this to automate parameter changes from a sequencer, or to control your synthesizers from an external MIDI control surface.