M-Audio have announced the KikAxxe from Way Out Ware which they say is a faithful emulation of the classic ARP Axxe synthesizer.
The KikAxxe from Way Out Ware is a faithful emulation of the classic ARP Axxe synthesizer. Built with Way Out Ware’s award-winning analog-modeling technology, the KikAxxe brings together the Axxe synthesizer, analog-style 16-step sequencer, a dedicated step-sequenced drum machine and a retro-themed delay/echo effect. Chock full of modern conveniences like presets, MIDI sync and comprehensive MIDI-mapping capabilities, the KikAxxe has all of the features you’d expect from a top-shelf virtual instrument. The KikAxxe is compatible with RTAS, VST and AU hosts, making it a welcome addition to any personal studio and any musical genre.
– authentic emulation of ARP Axxe > vintage 70s sound
– 16-step, analog-style sequencer > ideal for bass lines
– integral sample-based drums > classic drum machine sound
– easy and advanced modes > simple presets or powerful programming
– integral tape-based delay emulation > great for leads and effects
– stand-alone, RTAS, VST and AU support > Windows XP and Mac OS X compatible