Arturia’s PolyBrute synthesizer is getting a major firmware update that adds a host of new features and improvements. Here’s what’s included:
- A new Distortion category with 7 types of crunch, giving you even more options for sound sculpting.
- Flexible effects routing, so you can rewire the effects to suit your own workflow.
- Enhanced tuning, with more precise control over individual oscillators and the keyboard.
- A new Stereo Layer mode for adding width and depth to your sounds.
- Over 350 new presets that showcase the PolyBrute’s new features.
- Improved communication between the PolyBrute and its software counterpart.
- Workflow and expression improvements, including the ability to reload your last saved preset on startup.
Here is a more detailed overview of each new feature:
- Distortion: The new Distortion category includes 7 types of crunch, from subtle tape saturation to aggressive biting distortion. This gives you even more options for shaping your sound and creating unique textures.
- Flexible effects routing: You can now rewire the effects in the PolyBrute’s signal chain to suit your own workflow. This gives you more control over how the effects interact with each other and your sound.
- Enhanced tuning: The PolyBrute’s tuning has been enhanced, giving you more precise control over individual oscillators and the keyboard. This allows you to fine-tune your sounds to perfection.
- Stereo Layer mode: The new Stereo Layer mode allows you to allocate one voice to the left channel and one to the right. This creates a wider and more spacious sound.
- Over 350 new presets: The PolyBrute’s library has been totally reworked with new and enhanced presets that showcase its expressiveness, analog power, and new features like Distortion and Stereo Layer mode.
- PolyBrute Connect: Communication between the PolyBrute and its software counterpart has been improved, making it quicker, smoother, and more intuitive. This also makes it easier to use the PolyBrute’s new features.
- Workflow and expression improvements: A number of workflow and expression improvements have also been made, such as the ability to reload your last saved preset on startup. These improvements make the PolyBrute even more enjoyable to use.
Overall, the firmware 3.0 update for the PolyBrute is a major upgrade that adds a wealth of new features and improvements. If you own a PolyBrute, I highly recommend updating to the latest firmware.