SM Pro Audio announced their new PR8E multi channel microphone preamplifier, AI8 ADAT Analog D/A converter and PM8 passive mixer at NAMM 2006 in Anaheim this weekend.
In addition to the full range of SM Pro Audio products (Analog, Red Valve, Value, & Microphone Series), the new PR8E multi-channel microphone preamplifier is to be released at the NAMM 2006 International Trade Show, held in Anaheim, California, USA. Visitors are welcome 19-22 January 2006 at the SM Pro Audio booth#6809.
The new PR8-E multi-channel mic/line preamp is the vanguard of the ‘next-generation’ in the SM Pro Audio range. Using all the latest components, a completely new circuit layout has been designed from the ground up. By exercising extremely careful placement of components onto a single board, the end result boasts eight exceptionally high-quality, low noise pre-amps with impressively high gain structures.
Typical applications include:
– Expansion for multi-channel DAW’s.
– Improved mic performance for many existing mixing consoles.
– Direct Injection for line-level devices, such as keyboards, drum machines and effects processors
– 8 discrete microphone preamplifiers
– Ultra-Wide Dynamic Range
– Low-Noise Operating Levels
– XLR/combo Inputs, TRS Outputs
– 48V Phantom Power on Every Channel
– Phase Reverse on all Channels
In addition to the full range of SM Pro Audio products (Analog, Red Valve, Value, & Microphone Series), the new AI8 ADAT ! The AI8 is a compact high quality half rack sized 8-channel ADAT to analog format converter. With 1 x ADAT 8-channel digital input and 8 x analog outputs, the AI8 is well suited for use in all kinds of studio set-ups. Whether you’re working with I/O cards, digital mixers or digital musical instruments – the AI8 converts your digital data reliably and professionally to 8-channels of pristine analog audio with absolute fidelity.
– 8 x !” analog line level outputs
– 1 x ADAT format optical input interface
– Delta-sigma 24-bit / 96 kHz D/A converter
– Ultra-compact construction
– Low noise, wide bandwidth and superior transient response
The PM8 is an 8 x 4 passive mixer/summing unit designed to help users of digital audio workstations achieve higher quality audio mixdown results. The summing and mixing features built into the PM8 allow users to avoid unnecessary A/D & D/A conversions commonly found in digital studios and thus attain extremely detailed mixes with superb stereo imaging and punch. When multi-tracking with software, top studio producers and engineers around the world will almost unanimously opt for using a good hardware console for final mix-downs. This is because of the huge software challenges that are faced when it comes to modifying and merging multiple audio signals into a single stereo stream. Software summing just doesn’t cut it when compared to large format console summing, or passive mixing with units like the PM8.
The PM8 also helps users integrate their trusty outboard reverbs, EQ units, vintage synths, and other audio
equipment with their DAW projects without compromise. And if you need more channels – you can just hook up
– Creates exceptionally detailed mixes with clarity and punch
– Achieves better stereo imaging
– Sums 8 x channels of audio to two stereo output pairs
– 8 x combo connector inputs
– 25 pin DSUB input connector (compatible with Digidesign’s/Protools hardware pin arrangement format)
– 2 x stereo (4, Master 1 pair, Master 2 pair) XLR balanced outputs
– 2 x stepped attenuator controls for accurate level adjustment
– Internal power supply (110v – 230v switchable)
– Ground pin connector
For more information check out our product pages (links below) or visit the SM Pro Audio website.