Apogee released Ensemble, a multi channel digital audio interface designed specifically for use with Apple Macintosh computers. Ensemble is the first and only multi channel audio interface to be controllable natively within Apples Logic Pro software, creating a complete, fully integrated professional hardware and software system for audio production on a Mac.
Ensemble Features 36 channels of simultaneous audio, including 8 channels of Apogee’s legendary A/D and D/A conversion, 4 transparent, digitally controlled 75db mic preamps, 8 channels of ADAT I/O, 2 channels of S/PDIF coax and optical I/O, and FireWire connectivity to and from the computer as standard. Ensemble also includes such Apogee’s features as “SoftLimit”, “UV22HR”, and “Intelliclock”. These technologies combined with converters that set the standard for the digital audio industry make Ensemble an ideal choice for professionals seeking a high-definition, integrated audio solution.
Ensemble at a glance:
• 8 channels of premium 24-bit 192K AD/DA conversion
• 4 digitally controlled 75db microphone preamps
• 2 fully balanced inserts on mic pre channels
• 4 Hi-Z instrument inputs capable of handling high level instruments
• 2 individual, controllable and assignable high level headphone outputs
• 2, 6 or 8 channel monitor outputs
• 8 channels of ADAT I/O
• FireWire 400 I/O, compatible with OS X Core Audio (no driver required)
• 2 channels of SPDIF I/O
• “Soft Limit” for maximum digital input level without overs
• “UV22HR” for superior dither of 24 bit resolution down to 16-bit
• Advanced, dual-stage “Intelliclock”
• Complete integration and control with Apple’s Logic Pro Software
• Compatibility with any CoreAudio software applications
• Apogee’s Maestro Software for advanced control and routing outside of Logic Pro
For more information please visit the Apogee website.