Zoom enters a new category with the production of the H4 Handy Digital 4-Track Recorder. The H4 fits in your palm and is perfect for ENG and a variety of other mobile recording applications. Performing as a dual function device with a 4-track mode for easy-to-use multi-track recording and a stereo mode (2 track) for handy field recording, the H4 is a unique entry in the hand-held digital recording space.
The H4 features dual electret condenser microphones in an X-Y configuration, these 10mm diaphragm mics will handle SPLs of up to 120 dB. The H4 includes 2 combination input jacks, XLR input with 48V or 24V phantom power and a high-impedance phone input for guitar, bass and synth recording. Four hours of continuous recording operation can be accomplished with 2 AA batteries. A back-lit 128 x 64 pixel LCD provides visual feedback of the recording.
Maximizing flexibility was an important design goal, and the H4 renders audio in several different recording formats: 16-bit PCM, 44.1 kHz sampling; 24-bit PCM, 48/96 kHz sampling (stereo) and MP3, 48k – 320k bps (stereo). A 64MB Secure Digital card is included. With an optional 1GB SD memory card, the H4 provides 190 minutes of recording in 16-bit mode, and 34 hours in MP3 stereo mode.
Mobile Field Recording:
– Fits in the palm of your hand
– Ideal for infinite variety of mobile recording applications
– Records 24-bit/96 kHz digital audio as well as MP3 format with bitrates up to 320kbps
– Two studio quality X/Y pattern condenser microphones for true stereo recording
– Two combination XLR-1/4-inch input jacks with phantom power
– Onboard studio effects compression, limiting and mic modeling
– 1/8-inch headphone jack provided for monitoring
– 128MB Secure Digital (SD) card included.
– Using a 2GB SD memory card provides 380 minutes of recording with CD Quality sound
– Up to 34 hours recording in MP3 stereo mode
– USB mass-storage interface
– Four hours of continuous recording operation from 2 AA batteries
– Back-lit, 128×64 pixel LCD provides the visual interface
– AC adapter, windshield cover, USB Cable and tripod adapter included
– 4-track audio in CD quality 16-bit PCM, 44.1 kHz sampling
– Combination high-impedance phone inputs for vocals, guitars, bass or keyboards.
– Built in guitar amp modeling equivalent to the Zoom G2
– Records directly to your computer as a USB audio interface
– Bundled with Cubase LE, 48-Track Digital Audio Workstation software
Price and availability to be announced.