Apogee Electronics announced that its FireWire option card for the Mini-Me and Mini-DAC will be available worldwide through authorized dealers and distributors in February of 2007. The new FireWire option card allows professionals to connect their Mini-Me or Mini-DAC to their DAW at sampling rates up to 96kHz or 192kHz, respectively.
With this new capability, professional users will get more out of their Mini-Me and Mini-DAC, continuing the Minis’ tradition as a truly high-performance, portable recording solution, whether at home, at the studio, or on the road.
“We are pleased to announce the release of the Mini-FireWire card,” says Betty Bennett, CEO of Apogee Electronics. “Now Mini users can take advantage of higher bandwidth and sampling rates directly to and from their workstations.”
Mini-Me At A Glance:
* Two channels of Apogee 24-bit, 96 kHz A/D conversion, top-quality mic/instrument preamps and line-level inputs
* Headphone outputs
* AES/EBU, S/PDIF digital outputs
* Low-current, low-voltage, Ideal for location/ENG
Mini-DAC At A Glance:
* Two channels of Apogee 24-bit 192kHz D/A conversion
* High current headphone output
* Inputs include AES, Optical & S/PDIF Coax
* Analog Output level control for direct connection of powered monitors
Availability: February, 2007