The M8U XL was announced in early 2008, and is now available from ESI. The USB 2.0 Midi Interafce offers maximum MIDI connectivity with 8 independent MIDI inputs and 8 independent MIDI outputs, providing 128 MIDI channels – all via a single USB 2.0 (or USB 1.1) connection to your PC or Mac. The 1U sized replacement for M8U provides 1 MIDI input and 1 MIDI output on the front for easy access, next to status LEDs for all MIDI I/O ports. All the the other MIDI I/O connectors are on the backside of the unit.
* 19″ / 1 HE Case
* 8 MIDI in / 8 MIDI out – 128 MIDI channels
* high-speed connection to USB-equipped PC or Mac
* MIDI activity indicators for each port
* Plug & Play installation
* compatible with Windows XP/Vista and Mac OS X
* fully class compliant, making it compatible with other operating systems
The M8U XL is priced at EUR 227.00.