Introducing the Ohm64. After almost a year of development Livid is very excited to finally announce the release of the Ohm64. The Ohm64 is a complete re-engineering of the Ohm and they have expanded it massively.
Here are a few of the new features:
• Completely USB powered
• Bi-Directional MIDI communication
• Class-compliant: no drivers needed for mac or windows.
• 75 programmable backlight buttons for talk-back and interactive performance
• Programmable MIDI mapping allows you to change the MIDI settings on the hardware
• Aluminum Faceplate
• Open source software tools to create your own LED talkback interaction
• Ohm core software included for MIDI editing, and LED talkback programming
• Cell DNA video performance software included
• Standard MIDI IN and OUT jacks
• Made in the USA by humans
• Available in natural, blue, red, and unfinished so you can stain or paint it any color you want.
Livid is pretty excited about these features and think you will be too. Completely USB powered, LED’s and makes it so the only cable you need is a USB. They worked hard to make it powered by USB even with all of the LED’s on board and many controllers with even less LED’s still required a wall power adapter. Class-complaint means that no drivers are needed, so it is totally plug and play. Livid is also including Ohm Core, a open source editing application that allows you to change all of the MIDI settings and save them on the Ohm. We also have some cool little utilities (mostly max patches) like a patch that lets you enter text that is displayed in BPM’s on the Ohm’s clip bank.