MUTEC from Germany, manufacturer of professional digital audio and video equipment, now ships the new MC-4, a digital multichannel audio format and sampling rate converter.
The MUTEC MC-4 converts ADAT™, AES3 and S/P-DIF digital multichannel audio signals, whereas uni- and bidirectional conversion modes are available. Unique to the MC-4 is its capability to lock two 8-channel digital audio sources with different clock rates and to convert the audio formats and clock rates bidirectionally in realtime. Therefore, unlike any product in its category, the unit includes a 16 channel sampling rate conversion engine (SRC) as a standrad. Two audiophil-optimized PLL synthesizers secure best sound quality in all operations modes. The SRC section can be locked to Word Clock, AES11 and any digital audio input in both, uni- and bidirectional operation modes.
As further special feature, the MC-4 offers an internal, Ultra low-jitter clock base to which the SRCs can be locked to, if no external reference is available. Thus, in smaller studio set-ups the MC-4 can be also used as high-stable, low-jitter master clock for any other digital audio device.
Christian Peters, General Manager of MUTEC GmbH, said:
“From the beginning of the first introduction of the MC-4’s feature-set on our website, we are overwhelmed by the massive customer interest which we have received so far. Obviously, the unique and outstanding feature-set offered by the MC-4 covers all of the customers requirements. Up till now we did not have to answer any inquiry negatively regarding the possibilities of the MCs 4! It seems to us that this box is really a missing link in todays pro-audio market, worldwide in fact.”
The MUTEC MC-4 is available at all MUTEC dealers and distributors worldwide from now on.
• ADAT™, AES/EBU and S/P-DIF interfaces working in one box
• Format and sampling rate conversions from 32.0-192.0kHz
• 16 channel SRC engine for bidirectional conversions
• AES11, Grade 1, internal reference clock (0.5ppm)
• Built-in international power supply
• Interconnection of consumer and professional digital audio devices
• ADAT™, AES3 and S/P-DIF format and sampling rate conversions
• Bidirectional conversions with different sampling rates
• Clock recovery and signal regeneration
• Usable within small studio set-ups up to broadcast installations