Steinberg announced the availability of Cubase BackPack, a portable recording and production solution featuring Cubase Artist 7 and the UR22 interface that ensures a charitable contribution to sustainable development in Africa.
“With Cubase BackPack, we’re offering immediate savings on Cubase Artist and the UR22 audio interface,” comments Stefan Schreiber, product marketing manager at Steinberg. “But more importantly, by teaming up with Joint Aid Management, every purchased bundle supports a child in Africa with food for an entire month.”
Cubase Artist 7 includes eight VST instruments including HALion Sonic SE, the Padshop granular synth and Retrologue plus a suite of 43 audio and 18 MIDI VST effect processors.
The UR22 USB 2.0 audio interface boasts 192 kHz audio quality, with two TRS/XLR combo inputs, two TRS outputs, MIDI connectivity and a single headphone output for latency-free monitoring. Its two studio-grade D-PRE mic preamps provide switchable phantom power for using all types of microphones.
Features at a glance
• Cubase Artist 7 music production system with complete audio/MIDI recording, editing and mixing tools
• UR22 24-bit/192 kHz USB 2.0 audio interface with 2 D-PRE Class-A discrete mic preamps supporting +48 V
• Analog 2 in and 2 out plus headphone output with individual volume control
• MIDI input and output for connecting of external gear
• Award-winning 32-bit floating-point Steinberg audio engine with flexible routing and full automatic delay compensation
• Includes 8 outstanding virtual instruments with over 2,000 presets, including new HALion Sonic SE workstation, Padshop granular synth and Retrologue virtual analog synth plus MPC-style Groove Agent ONE drum machine
• Comes with a suite of 43 audio and 18 MIDI VST effect processors, including Pitch Correct for vocal intonation correction, VST Amp Rack guitar tone suite, DJ-EQ and MorphFilter
• Latency-free hardware-based monitoring with a Mix knob
• Cross-platform 32-/64-bit software application and drivers for Windows and Mac OS X Intel
Steinberg is donating a portion of the profits from the Cubase BackPack sales to Joint Aid Management, a humanitarian organization that offers sustainable development in Africa since 1984 and currently helps around 1,000,000 children through its nutritional feeding program.
Head of JAM Deutschland Sabine Wenz says: “We’re happy about the smooth cooperation with Steinberg, and their contribution to our cause.”
Availability and pricing
Cubase BackPack is available at selected Steinberg resellers. The suggested retail price is 349 euros, including German VAT.