At the NAMM this week Prism Sound is introducing their new USB Audio Interface Atlas. Designed around the breakthrough and patented Prism Sound Cleverclox clocking technology and featuring eight of the incredibly popular Prism Sound microphone preamplifiers, the new Prism Sound Atlas USB multitracking interface is the professional choice.
Atlas is a USB multi-track audio interface for personal recording and sound production, for professional musicians, songwriters, engineers and producers as well as recording studios, post production facilities and scoring stages. Atlas is ideal for music and sound recording, mixing, multitracking, overdubbing, stem-based mastering, analogue summing and critical listening applications.
Atlas provides Prism Sound’s renowned performance, sound quality and state-of-the-art clock technology in a dedicated unit compatible with both Windows (Vista, 7 and 8, 32 and 64 bit, ASIO as well as MAC OS X 10.4.11 and later (Intel). Once configured with a computer, Atlas can also operate stand-alone using its ADAT, S/PDIF or AES3 I/O.
Like all Prism Sound products, Atlas leads the way in terms of digital and analogue audio quality providing truly uncompromised and world-beating audio interface performance which can only be achieved from over 25 years of leading audio expertise.
- No-compromise, full Prism Sound audio quality
- Dedicated USB interface
- Multichannel Digital I/O (MDIO) expansion port
- ASIO drivers provided for Windows VISTA, 7 and 8 (32 and 64bit)
- Directly compatible with CORE AUDIO on Mac OS X 10.4+
- Eight “Prism Sound” premium-quality AD and DA channels
- Concurrent operation of ADAT and switchable S/PDIF or AES3 ports
- Eight high-end integrated mic preamps (typ.-130dBu EIN)
- Mic pres have individually switchable phantom power and 20dB pads
- MS Matrix processing on mic inputs
- Two instrument inputs
- RIAA Equalization on inputs 1 & 2
- Prism Sound “Overkillers” on every analogue channel to control transient overloads
- Fully-floating (isolated) balanced architecture for optimum noise rejection
- Mono or stereo input configurations
- Outputs selectable between workstation bus or Atlas mixer
- Low-latency “console-quality” digital mixer for foldback monitoring
- Fader, pan, cut, solo on every mixer channel
- Dual headphone outputs each with its own front-panel volume control
- Front-panel master volume control and mute, assignable to selected channels
- Configurable for stereo, 5.1 or 7.1 or surround monitoring
- Built-in sample rate conversion (SRC) on S/PDIF Inputs and Outputs
- Prism Sound 4-curve SNS noise shaping on digital outputs
- State-of-the-art clock generation with proprietary hybrid 2-stage DPLL