TASCAM has released US-2400 version 1.31, a major free upgrade adding new features and improved DAW support. The upgrade includes Soft LCD, an application that displays track names, parameter values and plug-in information on the users monitor.
The free upgrade also adds EQ control for Steinberg Cubase® and Nuendo® and seamless operation in Apple’s Logic Pro 7.1®. The update is available for download from the TASCAM website and will be included with all new units.
“This upgrade responds to studio owners’ desire for better control surface integration with their DAW software,” says Jim Bailey, Product Manager for TASCAM. “Soft LCD displays channel information on the computer monitor where the user is already looking for information. The US-2400 gives musicians and engineers a familiar interface for interacting with digital audio workstations like Pro Tools®, but with a universal format that works in other applications as well. The US-2400 is the only universal fader controller to offer 24 faders for easy access to all of your channels, and the first with a joystick controller for mixing in 5.1 surround.”
The TASCAM US-2400, co-developed with SaneWave, provides a professional mixing console feel to DAW recording software. Features include:
* Twenty-four touch-sensitive 100mm moving faders
* Touch-sensitive motorized master fader
* Twenty-four encoders assignable to pan, aux, or channel strip, which provides EQ, Aux and Pan control.
* Bank switching provides access to 192 channels
* Select, Solo and Mute buttons per channel
* Transport section with smooth Jog/Shuttle wheel
* Joystick controller for surround panning
* High-speed USB connection to computer
* “Driverless” operation ready to function without installing driver software
* Compatible with DAW applications including Pro Tools, Logic Pro, Digital Performer, Sonar, Cubase SX and Nuendo
The free download is available on the Tascam website.