Lexicon today introduced its PCM96 Surround Reverb/Effects Processor. The Surround version delivers 50 new and legendary Lexicon reverbs, delays and modulation effects, while at the same time offering more presets, configuration options and additional inputs and outputs. Designed for the modern studio, the PCM96 Surround can function as a control-only insert or FireWire streaming audio plug-in inside any Mac VST or Audio Units software.
A new Pitch algorithm has been developed for the PCM96 Surround in addition to the Room, Hall, and many additional algorithms for music and post production. The Pitch algorithm was released as a software update for the original PCM96 on Nov 1st,.
Lexicon’s new Room algorithm provides a more flexible alternative to convolution type reverbs. Reflection patterns can now be easily selected, scaled and equalized – all while simultaneously passing audio. They can be instantly reversed or combined with a traditional reverb to extend the delay or bring a stronger sense of “liveness” to the space.
Two models are available: a digital only version with six XLR Stereo AES inputs and outputs; and a version with both digital and analog which includes two DB25 connectors with 6-channel analog I/O and one DB25 with 6-channel digital I/O. Both versions feature MIDI, Wordclock, Ethernet, and FireWire®.
The Lexicon PCM96 Stereo Reverb/Effects feature set includes:
• New Parallel Stereo and Surround configurations
• Lexicon’s new Surround Room algorithm, used to generate a vast array of room-related effects for music and post
• New pitch algorithms
• 50 legendary Lexicon® reverbs, modulation, and delay effects
• Two models available:
• 6 XLR Stereo AES inputs and outputs
• Two DB25 6-channel analog I/O and one DB25 6-channel digital I/O
• “Hardware Plug-In” feature with Mac VST® or Audio Units software
• Seamless automation and control via Ethernet or FireWire
• Over 2200 factory presets, including recognizable classics from Lexicon’s immense library of sounds
• External BNC Wordclock input
• Multiple sample rates: 44.1, 48, 88.2, and 96 kHz
• 32-bit floating point processing
• MIDI in, out, and thru
• 768 user presets
• Large front panel OLED display
• Compact Flash preset storage
• HiQnet™ compatible