Focusrite’s Scarlett 18i20 is the latest in the company’s new generation of multi-channel USB-based audio interfaces, featuring eight award-winning Focusrite microphone preamplifiers, designed specifically for the computer interface environment, delivering legendary Focusrite sound quality.
USB 2.0 audio interface with eight Focusrite mic preamps
Focusrite’s mic preamps are found in the world’s top studios and give the 18i20 an unequalled level of performance, with low noise, minimal distortion and enormous dynamic range. The Scarlett preamps offer exceptional headroom, and two front-panel inputs also offer 10dB pad buttons to handle the highest-level inputs without distortion.
With 18 inputs and 20 outputs in total, Scarlett 18i20 gives you eight critically acclaimed Focusrite microphone preamps with switchable phantom power. Precision 24-bit/96kHz A-D/D-A converters deliver exceptional dynamic range to ensure pristine recordings. The analogue mic/line inputs are fitted with combination XLR/jack input sockets, and connections for channels 1+ 2 are on the front panel and offer additional Hi-Z instrument modes and a switchable 10dB pad. An additional eight channels of digital I/O (four channels at 88.2/96kHz) are provided via ADAT lightpipe, with S/PDIF providing an additional stereo digital input and output. Dual independent headphone outputs let you set up separate mixes for the engineer and the artist, while a dedicated monitor section, with dim and mute buttons, provides comprehensive control over your studio monitors.
Scarlett 18i20 ships with a feature-packed software suite, including Ableton Live Lite music production software. Record audio and MIDI, and run VST audio instruments and effects, such as the compressor, reverb, gate and EQ processors included in the Focusrite Scarlett plug-in bundle. Novation’s Bass Station soft synth is also included, plus over 1GB of royalty-free Loopmasters samples.
Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 Key Features
- Eight award-winning Focusrite mic preamps with front-panel meters With switchable phantom power, up to 60dB of gain, plus pad and instrument switches on channels 1+ 2.
- Precision 24-bit/96kHz A-D/D-A conversion Professional dynamic range ensures pristine, studio-quality audio recordings.
- Compatible with Mac, PC and iPad Uses the latest USB 2.0 streaming technology with stable, reliable drivers to provide outstanding performance on both Windows and Macintosh computers, and even iPad® (requires the Apple Camera Connection Kit — no drivers required!).
- 18 inputs, 20 outputs Enough inputs and outputs to handle day-to-day studio tasks effortlessly, along with the expandability to cope with an entire band or a complex drums setup.
- Dual headphone outputs and comprehensive monitor control Send separate, near-zerolatency cue mixes to artist and producer with Scarlett Mix Control, and control the level of your studio monitors quickly and easily from the Scarlett 18i20 front panel.
- Complete software bundle Including Ableton Live Lite music software, the Focusrite Scarlett plug-in suite, Novation’s Bass Station soft synth and 1GB of Loopmasters samples.
Pricing and Availability
Available worldwide March 2013. £399.99 inc.vat / MSRP $599.99 and $499.99 at dealers.