The new DN-X1500S is a 4-channel, 12inch mixer featuring a brushed aluminum top panel, and is a perfect complement to the critically acclaimed DN-S3500 tabletop CD/MP3 player. This club/mobile style mixer incorporates Denons original high performance adjustable Flex Fader, a built-in sampler, matrix switching, parametric EQ, onboard effects.
Based on Denon’s award-winning design and extensive history in the development of advanced DJ technology, the DN-X1500S offers 4 full-featured channels integrated with the “world’s first” 8-channel input matrix control. Each channel features smooth-action 45 mm channel faders, Gain control with PFL levels, and 3-band EQ (on/off switchable) with parametric frequency adjustment, as well as a “battle approved” 45 mm multi-channel assignable crossfader with tension adjustment and contour control (named “Flex Fader” by Denon). Main Mic and Aux Mic inputs (one Neutrik combo and one 1/4″ TRS) are included with Main and Aux/Sub level control and EQ. On/Off Talk Over and Post switches are also provided.
The DN-X1500S comes with a host of onboard digital effects and features such as an 8 second sampler, 9 effect types, and an Auto/Tap/Manual BPM counter. The sampler utilizes audio from any of 6 mixer sources (Ch1/2/3/4, Mic, Master), and offers edit options including Loop, Reverse, Reverse Loop and Single playback, with overall Pitch Control adjustment of up to +/-100%. Effects include cutting-edge SHARC® DSP processing, along with Delay, Echo1, Echo2, Filter 1, Filter 2, Flanger, Auto Pan, Trans and Key %.
An external stereo send/return Effects Loop is provided and can be used in conjunction with the internal effects giving the DJ an abundance of power across multiple channels. Aux Out options include REC Out (stereo, RCA) and Booth Out (unbalanced, RCA) with Level control, which offers a unique and practical assign switch to monitor any channel and effects beforehand. The Digital (coaxial) output utilizes audiophile quality 24-bit converters for optimum sound quality. The DN-X1500S’s Master Out section has separately attenuatable Balanced (stereo, XLR) and Unbalanced (stereo, RCA) outputs with Master Balance VR control and Stereo/Mono select switches on all XLR and RCA jacks. A stereo headphone output with preset selectable EQ features Headphone Cue, Effects Cue, Mono/Split/Stereo, and Cue/PGM/Pan controls, which provides added monitoring options for the DJ.
The feature set of the new DN-X1500S includes:
* 12″ 4-channel DJ Mixer with 8 Source Matrix Control
* Analog Devices SHARC® Processor Provides 32-bit Floating Point DSP Performance
* High Performance 45 mm Flex Fader Crossfader with Tension Torque Adjustment
* 3 Band Parametric EQ with Kills
* Selectable Booth Output
* FL Tube Display to Manage Effects
* 9 Onboard Effects including Delay, Echo1, Echo2, Filter1, Filter2, Flanger, Auto Pan, Trans, and Key %, with Dry/Wet Rotary Contour
* External Send/Return Effects Loop with Dry/Wet Rotary Contour
* 8 Second Onboard Sampler with Edit Options
* Multi-channel Assignable Crossfader
* 2 Mic Inputs with EQ Adjustments
* Fader Start on All Channels
* Numerous User Preset Adjustments
* Software Upgradeable Via USB Port
The Denon DJ DN-X1500S 4-channel DJ mixer will be available July 2006 with a MAP price of $899.00 (Euro 711).